Diary of a Russian Wife

9/02/2007

Is It Legal To Send Money to Russia?

After my previous post I’ve received this comment:

I have met a Russian Lady and would like to send her funds to purchase a computer...I read on another blog...somewhere???...that it was illegal to send funds to Russia. Is this true? I would think that money pumped into the economy would be invited. If anyone knows the law concerning this matter, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

There is nothing illegal in sending a present - either money or tangible goods. If you ship a laptop to Russia as a gift, a recipient will have to pay tax at a post office. If you send money, a recipient will have to claim this sum in his/her tax declaration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home